This content may contain affiliate links through which we are compensated when you click on or are approved for offers from our partners. See our disclosures for more info.
Introducing a Finance Podcast by FIRE for FIRE
In Today’s Podcast we cover:
Welcome to Choose FI’s first podcast from Jonathan Mendonsa and Brad Barrett
What the ChooseFI finance podcast is all about:
- This is a finance podcast by the FIRE community and for the FIRE community
- Build a gathering place for the entire Financial Independence Retire Early (FIRE) community
- Experiments in Financial Independence: Battle test ideas and see what works
- The “American Dream” isn’t the path you want to take. FIRE is what we’re after.
- Take control back in your life
- How Jonathan took on massive ($168k) student loan debt to go to pharmacy school
- Jonathan’s 14 year journey feels like a “hamster wheel” of debt just to get back to $0 net worth
- What are the skills you can learn for free (or close) to earn and invest in a smarter way?
- Build a finance podcast that’s accessible and document our experiments so everyone can see every step of the way
- What steps do you need to take to gain financial independence?
- How do you find what you love and scale that to work for you?
- Passive Income from multiple sources: Put the work in upfront, systematize it and scale it.
- Learning new things and expanding horizons can lead to a bright future
- Having control over your life is priceless and FI can give you that
- Information sources like finance podcast and books are essential to give you new ideas and tips
- You have to start learning new skills to help you in the future. Get off the couch.
- Build a skill set where you’re in the top 20% of a lot of skills and put random things together
- Experiment List for 2017: We need your input!
Links from the show:
- Mr. Money Mustache
- Dave Ramsey
- Dan Miller
- Brad’s websites: TravelMiles101.com and RichmondSavers.com
- Scott Adams Dilbert Blog
- Experiment List for 2017
How to connect with the ChooseFI Radio Podcast | A Finance Podcast
- Rate Choose FI | finance podcast on Itunes
- Leave a voicemail comment for us
- Subscribe by texting ChooseFI one word to 44222
Books Mentioned in the Show:
- Dan Miller’s book: 48 Days to the Work You Love
- Scott Adams book: How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big
- We want to teach you what financial independence is all about
- We want to convince you that what society has told you is the “American Dream” really sucks
- What is the most efficient path? What is the road less traveled?
- What are the steps you can take from corporate drone to being financially independent?
- Retirement doesn’t mean sitting on the beach sipping Pina Coladas. We’re talking
- Financial independence is finding the work you love and doing that.
- Having control over your life is priceless.
- If all you’re watching is Grey’s Anatomy reruns, you’re not going to get there.
- In the past 3 months I have learned no less than 150 new skills. I promise you.